Bin Selection in Invoicing
New feature when using Multiple Bin Locations and wanting to force the users to select the Bin Location that the product is going to be picked from in order to keep the on-hand quantities for each bin location accurate.
New option added to screen 5 of the Billing Parameters “Select Bin Loc. In Invoice” would need to be set to “Y
For Counter Kits where product is kept in multiple Bin Locations the parameter “18. Kit Detail Display” on screen 3 would also need to be set to Y
In the invoice screen the user will be prompted to select the bin location the product will be picked from after the quantity is entered. Bin locations are displayed in descending order based on quantity on hand. Dock locations are shown at the end of the list and cannot be selected, these are information only. A line number MUST be chosen.
Only the Bin Location chosen will be printed on the invoice and the overall inventory of the part will be reduced and the quantity available in the chosen Bin Location.
Exceptions where this screen will not be displayed:
- If a part is only assigned to a single bin location
- If the quantity sold is greater than the quantity available is any single bin location
When selling a “C”ounter Kit the Kit components will be displayed on screen and if any of the components are located in multiple bin locations you will be prompted to select the Bin Location those parts will be pulled from. The components and the chosen Bin Locations will be printed on the invoice.
The invoice print will only show the bin location selected for a part.
- No one bin location had enough quantity to fulfil the order and all locations will be printed.
- Invoices created from backorder fulfilment will show the primary bin location
- Web orders will show the primary bin location.
- Automatic Transfers will show the primary bin location
The on-hand quantity will be updated for the selected bin location.
The on-hand quantity will be updated for the Primary bin location:
- No one bin location had enough on hand
- Invoices created for back order fulfilment
- Web orders
- Automatic transfers