User Manuals & How-To Guides for COUNTERPOINT software
- ** Release Notes - Version 6+
- ** COUNTERPOINT® Version 6+ Release Overview
- Accounts Receivable Enhancements
- Add Inventory from Invoicing
- Barcode Quantities
- Base Price Automated Updates
- Bin Selection in Invoicing
- Branch Stock Inquiry
- Category File Listing
- Change PO Number
- Cheque Void Option
- Consignment Processing
- Core Bank Enhancements
- Credit Check Enhancements
- Cross Dock HTML Pop-up
- Customer Notes
- Customer Notes Enhancements
- Customer Part Numbers
- Process EDI Invoices
- EOQ & ROP Calculation
- Fleet Part Tracking
- Foreign Currency
- General Charges & Core Handling
- Gift Receipts
- GL Budget Upload
- Invoice Price Change Restrictions
- Kit Maintenance
- Locked Product Inquiry
- Lost Sales Reason Code
- Loyalty Rewards
- Multiple Bin Locations
- Multiple Invoice Copies
- Physical Count - Add Bin Location
- Change PO on Pick Ticket
- Price Override Reporting
- Printing of Orders when Customer Backorders Received
- Product Maintenance Access Control
- Product Maintenance Screen Enhancements
- Purchase Orders - Booking & Specials
- Quote Handling Improvements
- RF Gun User Guide - 2022
- Substitute Chaining
- Suspense Payment Enhancements
- Web Order Discounts
- Specials / Contracts Enhancements
- Accounts Payable
- AP Month End
- AP Reporting
- AP Year End
- Auto Cheque Processing
- Bank Reconciliation
- Data File Maintenance
- Misc Cheque Processing
- Transaction Input
- Vendor Inquiries
- Accounts Receivable
- AR Month End
- AR Reports
- AR Year End
- Cash Receipts Processing
- Customer Analysis
- Customer Notes Inquiry
- Customer Notes Maintenance
- Customer Search
- Data File Maintenance
- Loyalty Rewards Program
- Move ROA Payment from one Customer to Another
- Setting Up Invoice Copies
- Transaction Processing
- Delivery Dispatch
- How-To Guides
- Bump All Price levels
- Common Problems / Troubleshooting
- Deleting Categories
- Home Hardware Barcode Receiving
- Inventory Counts
- Item Maintenance
- Kit Maintenance
- Multiple Bin Locations
- Pricing Guide
- Product Popularity Listing
- Receiving Product
- RF Count 'Cheat Sheet'
- Stock Adjustments
- Stock Transfer Reconciliation
- Supporting Files/Information
- Transferring Parts
- Uploading Min/Max/Reorder
- Zero Category On-Hands
- Adding Flyers to Invoicing
- Bin Selection in Invoice
- Customer History Part Search for Unknown Number
- Fleet Part Tracking
- General Charges & Deposit Handling
- Invoicing with Global Payments Terminals
- Selling a Core
- Suspense Payments with Payment Terminal
- Updating Credit Hold Invoice
- Customer Price List
- MSC / AMS Line Code to AMS Price Level
- Price Multipliers
- Price Rounding
- Pricing Theory
- Troubleshooting (Real World Example)
- Updating Prices by %
- Release Notes
- Release Notes - Version 5
- Release Notes - Version 6
- Sales Analysis
- Warehouse Utilities
** Release Notes - Version 6+
A complete listing of documentation related to the new features and enhancements found in COUNTERPOINT version 6+
** COUNTERPOINT® Version 6+ Release Overview
The upcoming release of COUNTERPOINT will consolidate for the first time in several years a number of features that have not been considered mainstream, meaning only certain customers got certain features based on their requests. This was a strategic mistake as in many cases this has held AMS back from being more aggressive in the software development cycle. Starting in June of this year we intend releasing Version 6+ that will move all customers to the same version, making support, training and new development rollout easier and allow for more frequent updates, which is why we plan to move to a quarterly software release update schedule. Bugs will be released as completed. The listing below may well contain features you already have and use but also others you may not be aware of or have forgotten are available. All active links will take you to a more detailed overview of the specific enhancements.
The next release, COUNTERPOINT/x Version 7.1.1 will be rolled out by year ending 2022. All of us at AMS are excited by this plan, we hope you are also. We encourage you, once settled into Version 6+ to submit to us any functionality you would like to see added or changed for consideration in a future release.
Functionality & Highlights
- Credit Card Integration enhancements: For those dealing with Global, Moneris and Digitech changes have been made to eliminate Suspended transactions prior to day end.
- Improvements to outstanding quote handling: Including deletion upon Invoicing.
- In addition the Quote / Order search combined: When keying in a customer number, instead of the ‘Open Orders for This Customer’ prompt, counter-staff may be presented with any combination of a [A/O/P/Q/N] prompt, allowing them to quickly view any [O]pen Orders, [P]acking Slips or [Q]uotes. Other options include [A]ll or [N]one
- Improvements to handling of over credit limit customers: For transactions that put customer over their credit limit on completion of an invoice the system will offer to keep the order as a quote instead of losing it which can be recalled by searching for a PO # containing CH(Credit Hold).
- Gift Receipt Option: If activated, when finalizing an invoice, the user will prompted to print a gift receipt.
- Support of User Defined Lost Sale Reason codes: With drop down selection list.
- Standard Comments and General Charges: This provides the ability to apply standard comments to an invoice using the “G” line type.
The General Charges feature allows the ability to accept deposits by a pre-set percentage, a default value or a manually keyed amount at the time of sale.
The General Charges also provide the ability to add an automatic charge to all invoices, such as a Fuel Surcharge
- The ability to change the PO number: After the invoice has been completed.
- Change PO# on Zslip: For those using Zslips the PO# can now be changed during the billing process in instances where the customer only issues a PO# when the order is complete.
- New Customer Notes Options: More flexibility for creating customer notes such as notes that can be automatically printed on the invoice, such as delivery instructions or who has singing authority.
- The Branch Stock Inquiry access: Shift/F4 from within the billing screen has been enhanced. You can now also create stock transfers from a branch. These transfers can be for a single item at the time you enter the inquiry, or you can create and add to a running transfer for completion at a later time.
- The ability to ADD a non-stocked part number automatically: From the Price Book, meaning receiving and returns have been made significantly easier.
- Add part to invoice using your Customers Part Number: For customers who have an internal part numbering system, and order from you with those parts, there is now the ability to invoice them with those part numbers, which are tied to your real part number. Will also modify the “customer to your part #” link if you transfer your part to a new number. The order can be keyed by their part # or yours and will print both numbers on their invoice.
- Control of Specials and Contract pricing from one maintenance routine: With the inclusion of both Price Level and Discount group as possible filters to add Contracts/Specials via 4. Sales Desk > 8. Administration > 2. Customer Pricing > 3. Contracts / Specials, there is the possibility to migrate all pricing matrixes and discounts into the Specials, and do all pricing/discount maintenance from that one screen. There is a migration routine that must be run by AMS prior to adopting this method.
- Ability to prevent Counter Staff from lowering prices: This feature is a new field in the clerk maintenance that, when activated, will prohibit the clerk in question from changing the selling price from within the invoice. Any price changes would need to be authorized by a user with authority to change prices by entering their PIN.
- Multiple Bin # display on the billing screen with the option to select which Bin the product was picked from.
- Customer Fleet Vehicle tracking: This is the ability to set up your customer’s equipment/vehicle using their ID number with the parts it takes for ease of lookup.
- Extra Invoice copies for specific customers: Extra invoice copies are now parameterized by transaction type. So, for instance, you can have duplicate copies of invoices but not quotes.
- Inclusion of Pick Tickets in the transactions sent to the dispatching screen. Pick tickets will now be available for dispatch via the COUNTERPOINT dispatch module.
- This provides the customer with an unpriced document.
- Delivery Runs: The delivery dispatch module now has the ability to assign customers to a delivery type, and a run. This allows you to keep cash sale transactions, and non-delivery customers out of the dispatching screen, cleaning up the process for your dispatcher. Delivery type and Run maintenance is handled in the 4. Sales Desk > 7. Delivery Dispatch menu, with delivery types determining whether an invoice is delivered or not, and a run number helping group customers in geographic runs. Once delivery types and runs are set up, they are assigned to a customer in the customer maintenance screen. We include 3 default delivery types [D]eliver, [P]ick-Up, and E[X]press. Both [D]eliver and E[X]press will be pushed to the delivery dispatch screen, which no delivery type or a [P]ick-Up delivery type will not.
- After all maintenance is done, the counter-staff will notice a ‘Deliver’ option when finalizing an invoice. Typing the ‘D’ key will give them the option to change the default value. The dispatcher & drivers can also select a run number when displaying invoices, but do not have to.
- If you are still not signed up with JDispatch, It is a full featured delivery tracking and signature capture module built to interact with COUNTERPOINT and the Counterpoint Cloud Platform. The best part? The base version is included with your COUNTERPOINT system! Keep track of deliveries and pick-ups, track driver locations and more. Information on JDispatch can be found online here.
Web order (autoecat.com) related Changes
- Web order discounts: Allows the setup of a global web order discount (by branch) to be applied to web orders. This discount is then printed on the invoice. However, the printed web discount is printed in place of the customer’s regular discount (Both discounts still apply, only one prints).
- Servicing Branch Fulfilment Changes: Ensures that all web orders print at a customer's servicing branch. autoecat now passes through pre-defined messages to alert your counter staff of product availability and where to source out of stock items from.
- Pick up in store enhancements: Pick up in store orders are now available in the open order review screen. Customers can optionally also request a confirmation email
- Dedicated autoecat browser: The new autoecat browser is aimed at providing your counter staff the the best possible performance and most functionality possible when they use autoecat from within the billing system. Some of the key features of the new browser are:
- Enhanced speed of browsing
- Streamlined transfer of items from the catalogue / shopping cart and back into your invoice
- We have also been very busy upgrading your and your customer's online ordering experience as well. A complete listing of recent and ongoing changes to the autoecat.com website can be found here.
Customer Specific Changes
- Core Billing flag for customers: For those who are allowed to not pay core charges provided they return the core by a certain date, the number of days of the grace period is specified in a related data field. Specific Core statements can be produced for the customers flagged as being in the program.
- The ability to suppress the printing of invoices: For customers set to automatically receive their invoices by Email. In addition the ability to Email to multiple recipients has been added.
- Consignment Inventory: For customers purchasing high volumes of certain part numbers, they can be set up with an opening inventory balance that will only be billed when they reorder.
- Enhancements to the Loyalty Rewards Program: The system has been changed to allow the rewards to be based on Reward Points that is based on a Points/Dollar ratio that can be set by category. In addition, Invoices can now be Emailed to the VIP customer.
Inventory Control Changes
- Product Maintenance Access Control: A new parameter to set which fields certain users have access to within the Product Maintenance
- Revised Maintenance Screen: That has been enhanced to allow for a number of new fields related to the optional “Turns Based” purchasing logic.
- Rename of Minimum to ROP.
- New field to lock recalculation of the ROP for xx number of months.
- New field for Last Price Update: Added on maintenance screen to show when the last price change was applied to the item.
- Item is not returnable: A new flag to indicate if the item is not returnable to the supplier.
- Additional data fields to support imported product:
- Base Price and Base Core (Primarily for foreign currency): Addition of a ‘Base’ price and core. This is the price that was used to update your system pricing, before pricing parameters were added.
- Duty rate
- Ability to Chain Substitutes: As part of the maintenance routine.
- Quantity per barcode as part of product maintenance: Addition of a quantity tied to a barcode, for use on items that come in and can be sold by a unit and/or case.
- Kit Handling: The two types of Kits supported:
- Manufactured Kits – which are assembled from a group of parts then received into inventory for resale as the kit part number
- Counter Kits – which are kits that are put together at the time of the sale the components removed from inventory when the sale is completed
- Category Listing: The category listing has been modified to produce an extract for import into excel with additional fields included.
- Physical Count Bin Add: Has been added to allow the adding of a new bin during a physical count.
Repair Shop Module
- The ability to print Multiple Invoice copies by Customer
- New flexibility by the Integration of Edit Pad Pro for Work Order Labour Notes
- Spell Check
- Auto Line Wrap
- Adjustable Line Length
- Increased Text/Labour line to 2000 characters, up from 480 at present.
Purchasing / Receiving
- Booking and Special Purchase Order handling
- Suggested Order report breaks out On Order Quantity of both types
- Reporting on New Purchase Order Types
- RF Gun/Android Tablet Based Receiving capability
- Updated parameters for Critical Inventory report
- Include and report on items in a low inventory status based on minimum On Hand value
- Enhanced Foreign Currency support: Use of Base Price to maintain the suppliers cost before exchange, duty and freight.
- Full Integration to Counterpoint.cloud that includes:
- Sales Analysis - Track sales metrics via an easy to read sales dashboard comparing current sales to previous
- Sales by Day / Industry / Territory / Product Group
- Online vs. In store sales
- Cumulative Sales
- Product/Inventory Analysis - Review overall inventory performance through the Inventory dashboard
- Old / Invalid Stock
- Inventory Value by branch / category / product type
- Sales Goals - Set incremental sales goals by month / year
- Sales Analysis - Track sales metrics via an easy to read sales dashboard comparing current sales to previous
- Easily review high level sales metrics, and detailed sales information by customer
- Automatically track customers based on sales thresholds
- Manually target customers to focus on
- Track correspondence with customers through the CRM CounterMessages module
- Easily review high level sales metrics, and detailed sales information by customer
- Nightly Sales Emails - Formatted emails to report on a number of different sales metrics
- Sales By Branch
- Clerk Sales
- Top 10 Categories
- Top 10 Classes
- Top 10 Customers
- Top 10 Gaining Categories
- Top 10 Gaining Classes
- Top 10 Gaining Customers
- Top 10 Gaining Industries
- Top 10 Industries
- Top 10 Losing Categories
- Top 10 Losing Classes
- Top 10 Losing Customers
- Top 10 Losing Industries
- Low Margin Report
- Web site ECAT Analysis
- % of Change
- A full list of recent updates to the Counterpoint Cloud Platform is available online here
- Hourly Sales extract: Hourly sales extract is a routine that will analyze your hourly sales for a given time-frame, export the information to an excel template and present you with raw detail and graphed information on your hourly sales.
- Price Override Reporting: The Price Override reporting now allows for reporting over a period of time based on Customer, Sales Clerk, Range of categories and Override type.
- Price override report can also be automatically loaded to the counterpoint.cloud platform on a monthly basis for archiving and review
- A customer change log: Has been added to allow Inquiry on what changes have been made to the customer’s master data, when the change was made and by whom.
- Ability to Switch between Customer Maintenance and Customer Analysis: The Customer Maintenance and Customer Analysis have been enhanced to switching between with a single key stroke.
- Customer Notes Edit/Inquiry: The ability to access Customer Notes has been added to the Customer Analysis and Cash Receipts input.
- Ability to Void a Cheque:
- Ability to void a cheque outstanding cheques
- EDI Invoice Processing:
- The ability has been added to receive invoices electronically from vendors via an EDI transaction that can be selected for adding to a A/P transaction batch
- Ability to Upload Budgets:
- Ability to upload budgets from Excel Spreadsheet
- General Ledger Year End:
- The General Ledger Year End step has been incorporated into the Period 12 Month End to eliminate issues with order process being run between these 2 critical steps.
Accounts Receivable Enhancements
The Customer Maintenance screen has been modified to allow access to the Customer Analysis. Select “A” when the message Enter #,P(ricing),C(redit),E(di),A(nalysis) L(og),F1=accept,F2=reject is displayed on screen.
This will display the summary screen of Customer Analysis with the customer from the maintenance screen.
Another new option is the (L)og option where you can view a log of changes made to the Customer master
Several new options have been added to the Customer Analysis screen:
- Access to Customer Maintenance
- Access to Customer Notes
- Ability to view Detail based on start date entered
- Ability to view Detail from a specified invoice
- Ability to view only open invoices in the detail or all invoices
- Ability to send invoices electronically from the detail screen
- Customers Statement Email displayed on screen
Summary Screen Options:
In the Summary screen of Customer Analysis the options available when a Customer is selected are D(etail),C(ustomer),N(otes),E(xit).
D - Will access the detail screen showing the invoices outstanding for the customer
C – Will go to the Customer Maintenance screen in change mode displaying the customer selected in the analysis screen.
N – Will go to the Customer Note inquiry prompting to the note type to be viewed. Pressing Enter at the note type will display all notes entered for the customer. The option to Add new notes will be available.
Detail Screen Options:
In the Detail screen of Customer Analysis the options available are E(xit),Q(uit),N(xt),P(rv),S(end),D(ate),I(nv),A(ll),O(pen)
Use of the new options:
S – Used to send an invoice electronically. When selected a prompt will display which line number, select the line number display on screen for the invoice to send. This will then display the Invoice email addresses setup for the customer. The invoice can be sent to an email on file or can be entered manually using line 99 which allows entry of the email address.
Note: Only invoices can be sent by email, not other charges such as A/R transactions or Service Charges.
D – Prompts for a start date to view invoices from.
I – Prompts for an invoice number to start at.
A – Display all invoices and payments outstanding
O – Display only open invoices outstanding
Cash Receipts Input
New options available when entering Cash Receipts are F3 to go to Customer Maintenance or F11 to go to Customer Notes. Both of these options are available after the Customer Number has been entered.
Add Inventory from Invoicing
The option to add parts to inventory from the invoicing screen has been enhanced so when in use, non-stocked parts added to an invoice which are in the price book will automatically be added to inventory after the quantity is entered without user intervention using the category assigned on the invoice.
Billing Parameter Maintenance
Menu path System Utilities > Sales Desk > Parameter File Reset.
The Reorder Allowed setting for newly added parts from invoicing is controlled by the Default Reorder Allowed setting shown in field 38.
The setting for “Invoice Qty (F11) Key Use” must be set to “I” field 46
In the Sales Clerk maintenance, the clerk MUST be set to “Y” for Add Part #’s to Inventory.
When adding a non-stock part from the price book to an invoice the line will display as a “P” line to start. After the quantity is entered the part will be added to inventory using the price and description from the price book then using the price multipliers to calculate the selling prices.
A new screen will display showing a message “Adding Stocked Part” and there will be a slight pause while the part number is being added as it is added to all locations.
As the part number is added to inventory the invoice line type will change from “P” to Space.
The new part will be treated the same as any other stocked part after it has been added
Counterpoint has been updated to maintain package quantities by barcode for a part used when scanning parts at the point of sale and receiving.
Product Master Maintenance when selecting to “Maintain Barcodes” or Alt Barcode option allow for entry of the quantity for a Barcode.
When the barcode is scanned in invoicing or RF receiving the quantity on the barcode will be used.
When entering a quantity on a barcode this must be in selling units as that is how it will be received or sold.
Base Price Automated Updates
The automation to update the Base Price is part of the nightly price updates where the system will look for files that have an effective date of today or prior and will update the Base Price for the part numbers included in the file. Also as part of this update a standard price file will be created with the effective date for the update to Canadian Cost, Price 6. Price 6 cost will be calculated using the current exchange rate for the supplier currency, plus duty applied to the part, plus any percentages assigned for Freight, Brokerage and Other Charges.
The Canadian cost and selling prices will be updated on the date assigned.
In order for the update to Canadian Cost and selling prices to from a Base price, the pricing multipliers MUST work up from Cost, Price 6.
Default GL Accounts
System Utilities > System Set-up > Purchasing > Parameter Maintenance > Screen 3 S/O Defaults
System Utilities > System Set-up > Purchasing > Parameter Maintenance > Screen 2 S/O Defaults
All credits and debits rolling into the GL do so in Canadian dollars
Each branch has to have GL codes amended @ the Branch level
Purchasing > Data Maintenance > Currency Rate
Foreign Exchange Rates are a global setting and can be added or changed in this screen
- Code = Currency
- Rate = Exchange Rate
- Update Prices = If the currency rate has changed this should be set to Y if you want to update the selling prices based on the new rate. The update of selling prices for a currenct rate are only performed weekly.
- Last Update = Date that prices were last updated for this currency rate based on a change in Currency Rate
When prices are updated on a currency rate change this also includes Non-Stock products
Additional fields have been added to the Supplier maintenance for Freight, Brokerage and Other Charges percentages to be used in the calculation of cost from the base price. These are NOT cumulative, the value is calculated and then each value added to the cost after conversion to Canadian Currency.
The Price Level used for the Supplier must be “B” and currency other than “C”
PRODUCT Maintenance Screen
Inventory > Data Maintenance > Master File > Product Master
Base Cost/Core – Suppliers cost and core price in their currency from price file.
These prices are normally updated with a price file update but can also be entered manually when necessary.
Tax Code | Duty % | Season – Part tax code | duty % for the part which is applied into the landed cost of the goods at the time of PO receipt and when Canadian prices are calculated.
Information required for Automatic Update of base price
The information required to create the Base Price update file is:
- Part Number
- Base Price
- Base Price Effective Date
- Canadian Price Effective Date
- Supplier Code
- Duty Rate
- Core Price
The Base price update will apply the new Base price on the base Price Effective Date and will update the Canadian prices [prices 1 – 6] on the Canadian effective date.
Bin Selection in Invoicing
New feature when using Multiple Bin Locations and wanting to force the users to select the Bin Location that the product is going to be picked from in order to keep the on-hand quantities for each bin location accurate.
New option added to screen 5 of the Billing Parameters “Select Bin Loc. In Invoice” would need to be set to “Y
For Counter Kits where product is kept in multiple Bin Locations the parameter “18. Kit Detail Display” on screen 3 would also need to be set to Y
In the invoice screen the user will be prompted to select the bin location the product will be picked from after the quantity is entered. Bin locations are displayed in descending order based on quantity on hand. Dock locations are shown at the end of the list and cannot be selected, these are information only. A line number MUST be chosen.
Only the Bin Location chosen will be printed on the invoice and the overall inventory of the part will be reduced and the quantity available in the chosen Bin Location.
Exceptions where this screen will not be displayed:
- If a part is only assigned to a single bin location
- If the quantity sold is greater than the quantity available is any single bin location
When selling a “C”ounter Kit the Kit components will be displayed on screen and if any of the components are located in multiple bin locations you will be prompted to select the Bin Location those parts will be pulled from. The components and the chosen Bin Locations will be printed on the invoice.
The invoice print will only show the bin location selected for a part.
- No one bin location had enough quantity to fulfil the order and all locations will be printed.
- Invoices created from backorder fulfilment will show the primary bin location
- Web orders will show the primary bin location.
- Automatic Transfers will show the primary bin location
The on-hand quantity will be updated for the selected bin location.
The on-hand quantity will be updated for the Primary bin location:
- No one bin location had enough on hand
- Invoices created for back order fulfilment
- Web orders
- Automatic transfers
Branch Stock Inquiry
The Branch Stock Inquiry has been updated to allow the creation of a Stock Transfer to source product from another location. This program is designed to be a multi- purpose tool to view stock in all locations, if multi branch, as well as initiated a TRANSFER between any of the locations, not just the home branch of the user.
Branch Stock Inquiry
When in the branch stock inquiry screen either from the menu option, Sales Desk à Inventory Queries à Branch Stock, or from the Invoice screen using Shift F4 in the body of the invoice
The program will maintain a Scratchpad of transfer requests that have not been actioned, based on the User Login ID. This allows the option for the user to leave the program without the loss of any work they might want to action at a later time. If the scratchpad is not empty the user will be reminded each time they enter the program that they have un-actioned requests pending. If the user elects not to delete the scratchpad the program will take them to the Category Field where they can lookup other product.
From the Category Field the user can view the contents by pressing the F11 key. To return to the Category Field press the ENTER key with the “Q” showing in the action field.
If there are several transfer requests in the SCRATCHPAD the program will sort them by the FROM/TO sequence.
To change the content of any request enter the line # which will position the cursor in the Qty Field. After the Qty is entered, simply pressing ENTER will retain the original Qty, the cursor will move to the comment line for the part number in question. This can also be changed or the F1 key can be pressed to return the cursor to the action field. The change is automatically saved.
Leaving the SCRATCHPAD
To leave the program use the ESC or F2 key from the Category Field. If there are any entries in the SCRATCHPAD the program will ask if the transfers are to be created. The Default is (Y)es but this can be changed to (N)o. A second question will be asked if the transfers were not created about whether or not the entries are to be kept or deleted. The default is (N)o.
If the transfers are created the system will provide the document number for each transfer before leaving the program.
Category File Listing
The category file listing has been updated to produce and extract file for import into excel. Menu path inventory > reporting > master file listings > category file.
After clicking the Close Window button in the report viewer, a new option will be displayed to view the listing in excel
Clicking on the “View Category File Listing in Excel” will open the report in excel, providing Microsoft Excel is installed on the PC.
This extract contains additional information from the printed report such as the Modern Sales and Uni-Select supplier line codes.
Clicking the Close Window button will return to the menu.
Change PO Number
Pick Ticket/Z Slip
The process for changing the Z Pick Ticket PO number:
- When closing the Pick Ticket in the SF2 screen from Invoicing will have a new field for the New Po Number
- If you enter a different PO number you will receive the question to “really change [original PO number]? You will need to answer the question with Y or N, the default being Y
- You will then be prompted “really invoice [original PO number]?
- The PO number will be changed on all associated pick tickets
To change the Customer Purchaser Order number on an invoice
- In the invoice screen recall the invoice using F3 then keying in the invoice number
- Select the Change option using “C”
- Press Enter through Payment Method, Invoice Discount, Freight
- Make Necessary changes to the PO Number and press enter
- Press Accept (F1) to complete the change.
- A Modified reprint appear if the parameters are configured to print Modified Invoices
Cheque Void Option
An option has been added to allow the void of a Cheque which will reverse the G/L entries made when the cheque was updated and restore the invoices paid to the outstanding accounts payable
Cheque Void Option
Accounts Payable > Bank Reconciliation > Cheque Void
Enter the original source of the cheque “A” or “M” and the cheque number.
The date, payee and amount will be displayed based on the cheque information in the system.
This feature is only allowed for outstanding cheques.
A report of the cheques voided will be printed when you exit the screen.
For Automatic Cheques all Invoices paid by the cheque that was voided will be added back to the Accounts Payable and an entry made in the General Ledger to reverse the cheque in the current Accounts Payable fiscal period. The invoices will be available for payment is a subsequent automatic cheque run.
CounterPoint presents a suite of new features, enhancing the functionality of the system by creating the opportunity to process and track consignment inventory.
There are a few basic changes that must be made to the system in order for the consignment options to be activated.
Create a new account for the consignment inventory in General Ledger > G/L File Maintenance > Account Maintenance à Add Accounts. This is an asset account and would normally be numbered just after the existing Inventory account.
Add the new Consignment Inventory G/L account to the financial statements using the menu option General Ledger > Balance Sheet Maintenance.
The new Consignment Inventory G/L account number must be added to Sales Desk Control > File Maintenance > GL Autopost Account Maintenance. The new field is at the bottom of the list.
A new flag has been added to the customer record found in Accounts Receivable > File Maintenance > Customer File Maintenance called [acct control flag]. Enter a lower case ‘c’ to any one of the 8 fields available to indicate that this customer is part of the consignment programme.
Original ‘transfer’ of consignment goods
Using Sales Desk à Invoicing/Transfers, create a consignment invoice using a transact type of ‘M’. The paid by will automatically convert to ‘on account’ and can not be changed. There is no difference between entering a normal invoice and entering a consignment invoice.
Inventory will be relieved at the time of the completion of the consignment invoice and the entry will show in the cardex inquiry. The invoice total will be $0.00 since the consigned inventory is only billed to the customer when it is replaced at the consignment site.
The G/L account for consignment inventory will be increased by the cost value of the goods on consignment and is not affected again until or unless the consignment quantity changes.
Replacement of sold consignment goods
Since the quantity on hand at the customers site must equal the agreed upon quantity, periodic billing will be required to replace products sold. This is done through normal invoicing procedures.
Adjusting the consignment inventory
To increase the quantity on consignment, use another consignment invoice (type M). If the quantity is to be decreased, then the consignment invoice is still used, but the line type is ‘R’. A return search is not valid for consignment goods, since they aren’t actually sold yet).
If one consignment item is being switched out for another, the consignment invoice is able to process both ‘sales’ and ‘return’ types on the same document.
A new report has been created in Inventory Control > Inventory Reports > Additional Inventory Reports > Consignment inventory list which will provide information on all consignment products. The report may be printed for all (or single) customer, all (or single) categories, in detail or in summary, showing costs or not. As well as information on the quantity on consignment and the date of the original consignment invoice, the last 12-month sales quantity information is provided to assist with analysis.
If a new customer record was created for the consignment programme, the 12-month sales history will be new as well.